NEW : You can upload an electronic copy of the identification document used for your application.
British Council offers IELTS test in Athens and Thessaloniki and in other cities including Irakleio, Ioannina, Patra, Volos, Larissa, Xanthi.
You can now register easily and make Online Payments using your Visa or Mastercard debit/credit cards.
To register for the IELTS Test in Greece, you should:
1. Ensure that you have an electronic copy of your Identification document (Passport or National Identity Card for EU citizens). Click here to download the instructions on how to upload a document before you proceed with your application.
2. Complete the electronic appplication providing your full address (including postal code and city), your mobile phone and a valid email address. Registration Confirmation and Examination Timetable are sent by email.
NOTE: If you get a new Passport or a new National Identity Card between applying for and taking the test you MUST send us a coloured copy of the new document immediately!
3. If you choose to pay online please make sure your card is enabled for online payments and there are sufficient funds to cover the transaction. You should contact your bank for confirmation of the verification code before you begin. Also ensure you have your card at the time of registration as you will not be able to go back and pay online later.
NOTE: Please retain a copy of your online payment confirmation or proof of payment in the event of applying for refund.
- In case you do not complete your online payment please contact immediately your IELTS centre for further instructions.
- If you have already registered through the online system, you should not re-register, unless you receive an "IELTS Test Cancellation" email from central services (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please contact us for further instructions
- Timetables are sent by email approximately ten calendar days prior to the day of the written examinations.
- Speaking tests are scheduled the week before the written examinations. For candidates from provincial cities (based on the full address provided) the speaking test will be scheduled on the same day as the written examinations (NOTE: Speaking exams are scheduled up to 20:00 on the day of written exams. Please make your travel arrangements accordingly).
- If you do not receive a confirmation email or your timetable ten calendar days prior to the day of the written examinations, please call us or email us immediately.
Our experienced Customer Services team is here to help Monday to Friday 0800 to 1700.
Tel: 210 369 2333 and 801 500 3692
We aim to answer calls within 30 seconds and e-mails within one working day.