Taking IELTS with the British Council
- Free 30 hour online preparation course
- Free & exclusive IELTS Top Tips seminars where you will gain familiarity with the test, as well as tips and practice on how to do better in the IELTS exam, delivered by the British Council’s own IELTS teachers. We’ll explain the assessment criteria, we’ll show you how to approach different task types, and we’ll guide you to other useful information and resources.
Date and registration for the free IELTS Top Tips seminars
- Free & exclusive IELTS preparation books which provide examples of all task types and guidance and practice on managing each one. There are model answers, recorded scripts, tips and advice to help you target each section of the test effectively.
- Free access to the British Council library’s English Language Zone which features IELTS specific software, whole practice tests, work cards and CDs with dedicated listening booths, as well as grammar and vocabulary practice books and work cards, reference packs & graded readers
It is easy to register for the IELTS Test in Sri Lanka, you need to:
1. Enter your personal data into the candidates’ on-line database in this registration system. Please bear in mind that sessions will not be visible in the system after the registration deadline. Once your application has been submitted, you cannot go back to change your details.
2. Pay the IELTS exam fee within 4 days of completing this online registration in any of these ways:
- Pay by cash, cheque or credit card at the British Council
- Make a bank transfer
- Go to HSBC and pay direct into the British Council account
for free – locate your nearest branch through
For latter two options, note these details:
Bank name: HSBC
Account name: British Council Sri Lanka
Account number: 001-002377-002
Message: IELTS, Candidate’s full name
(e.g., IELTS, Prabhath Jayasuriya)
3. You will receive the FULL address of your test venue and further test day information after receipt of your documents and payment. This information will be sent to you by e-mail approx 1 week before your test date.
Your speaking test will be on the following week of the written test date.