Welcome to IELTS in UAE
Think IELTS, Think British Council
Why IELTS at British Council?
• Quality test venues
• Online Registration System coupled with online payment
• Free IELTS Briefing sessions
• Free 30 hour online training on 'Road to IELTS'
How to Register?
• Visit the British Council IELTS Online Registration System at: https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/UAE
• Search for the available test dates and venues from the left panel.
• Check availability of the test date and centre and make a suitable selection by pressing Apply button.
• Accept the IELTS Terms and Conditions in the next step after you have chosen a test date and centre.
• Fill in the IELTS online candidate registration form in the next step after accepting the terms and conditions.
• Upload your Identity Document, if you want to complete your registration online (Please note that your uploaded ID Document is subject to approval by British Council centres. You will receive a confirmation e-mail once your ID Document has been approved by British Council). Alternatively you can submit them manually at any of our British Council offices.
• You can either pay online or come to British Council offices to make the payment. In case if you want to pay manually at British Council, please make sure the payment is made within 3 days of your booking unless otherwise your booking will be automatically cancelled. Also you need to bring the Application Summary Page while coming to British Council offices for payment.
• Then check your application details before you submit the application.
• Submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now or using the Pay Now option if you are paying online. You will then receive an email containing details about your test booking. (Please note that if your uploaded ID is not acceptable you will receive an e-mail to re-submit your ID and that has to be done within 24 hours of receiving the e-mail)
• Once your payment and ID documents have been received and checked by us, a confirmation email will be sent to you containing all the details about your test venue and complete instructions regarding your test.
• Access to Road to IELTS- online practice materials will be given on the next working day after we receive your documents and the fees
• In case if candidates go for registration at Abu Dhabi office, he/she will have to fill in a paper application form which can be downloaded from http://www.britishcouncil.org/me-uae-new-ielts_application_form.pdf
British Council Offices:
The British Council takes registrations in the following three offices:
UK VFS VISA APPLICATION CENTRE
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Opening Hours: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Sun - Thurs)
Telephone: 971 600 529 995; Fax: 971 (2) 666 4340; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
BRITISH COUNCIL DUBAI
Tariq Bin Ziyad Street
Near Rashid Hospital, Bur Dubai.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Opening Hours: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm (Sun - Thurs)
Opening Hours: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm (Sat)
Telephone: 971 600 529 995; Fax: 971 (4) 3370703; E-mail: email@example.com
BRITISH COUNCIL SHARJAH
4TH Floor, Omran Tower
Mashreq Bank building
King Abdul Aziz Street
PO Box 29872
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Opening Hours: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm (Sun - Thurs) & 8:30 am - 4:00 pm (Sat)
Telephone: 971 600 529 995; Fax: 971 (6) 5076 711; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Test fees: AED 920/-
2. Emirates ID
Please note that you will not be allowed to enter exam hall without the original ID that you used during your registration.